Sagaydak Varvara Aleksandrovna, Assistant, sub-department of philosophy and sociology, Volgograd Institute of Management – branch of Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration under the President of Russia (8 Gagarina street, Volgograd, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Kuzevanova Angelina Leonidovna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, head of sub-department of philosophy and sociology, Volgograd Institute of Management – branch of Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration under the President of Russia (8 Gagarina street, Volgograd, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. In the recent years, there has been a tendency to increasing interest in socially oriented aspects of business activities, associated with the rapid development of the information society and the emergence of new challenges and social problems, the solution of which the society imposes on business. Under these conditions, the social image reflects the degree of social responsibility of the business organization and becomes one of the main elements of the organizational image. The purpose of the study is to research gender differences in the business leaders’ understanding the content of social responsibility and the definition of the essence and main motives for formation of the social image of the company.
Materials and methods. In order to achieve the goals of study the authors in 2015 conducted a sociological research – a questionnaire survey of the business leaders in Volgograd. The methodological potential basis on the methods of system and comparative analysis, determination.
Results. On the basis of a gender approach the main characteristics of the business leaders’ perception of the content of social responsibility of business, the definition of the essence of the social image of the company, the main motives for formation of the internal and external social image of business organizations were identified.
Conclusions. Women-leaders of Volgograd business organizations support the need to implement the principle of social responsibility of business more than their male colleagues and realize the importance of the company’s social image. The main motives for formation of the internal social image for women managers are associated with the desire to create a stable motivated team, while the achievement of basic business goals and increasing productivity are more important for men leaders. The men’s and women’s motives for formation of the positive external social image are both associated with the desire to create the positive organizational image and strength competitive positions in the market.
business organization, social image, social responsibility of business, internal social image, external social image, social policy of the organization
1. Vittenberg E. Ya. Vestnik Instituta sotsiologii [Bulletin of Sociology Institute]. 2017, no. 20, pp. 76–113. [In Russian]
2. Danilova E. N. Sotsial'naya politika v Rossii i Kitae: monografiya [Social policy in Russian and China: monograph]. Moscow: Novyy khronograf, 2016, pp. 457–499. [In Russian]
3. Ivanova A. A. Srednerusskiy vestnik obshchestvennykh nauk [Middle Russia bulletin of social sciences]. 2015, no. 2, pp. 34–38. [In Russian]
4. Devyatlovskiy D. N., Pozdnyakova M. O. Problemy sovremennoy ekonomiki [Problems of modern economy]. 2014, no. 2 (50), pp. 173–175. [In Russian]
5. Volodin K. A. Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom [Management in Russia and abroad]. 2014, no. 2, pp. 2–8. [In Russian]
6. Kosharnaya G. B. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2014, no. 1 (29), pp. 100–108. [In Russian]
7. Opokin V. V. Ekonomika i sotsium [Economy and society]. 2012, no. 4, pp. 283–294. [In Russian]
8. Gavra D. P. Imidzh gosudarstva/regiona v sovremennom informatsionnom prostranstve: materialy simp. [State/regional image in the modern informational space: proceedings of a symposium]. Saint-Petersburg: Roza mira, 2010, pp. 25–29. [In Russian]
9. Tomilova M. V. Marketing v Rossii i za rubezhom [Marketing in Russia and abroad]. 1998, no. 1. Available at: http://www.cfin.ru/press/marketing/1998-1/05.shtml [In Russian]
10. Pologikh A. A. Liderstvo i menedzhment [Leadership and management]. 2016, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 73–86. [In Russian]
11. Mingazova A. I., Khayrullina Ya. F., Khayrullina A. D. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii [Modern high technology]. 2014, no. 7-1. Available at: http://top-technologies.ru/ru/article/view?id=34190 [In Russian]